Through a variety of programs, TOSHA Training Services assists employers, employees, and their representatives in reducing safety and health hazards in their workplaces and in complying with the requirements of TOSHA standards and regulations. TOSHA provides education to employers and "train-the-trainer" programs. This means TOSHA does not provide the direct training to employees that is required to fulfill training requirements in a TOSHA standard or regulation. It is always the employer's responsibility to train his or her employees.
Training seminars are scheduled in the spring and fall of each year and are conducted at locations across the state. 2013 Schedule
A speakers bureau provides short training programs, updates, and speeches from the TOSHA staff for safety and health conferences and meetings. TOSHA trainers are industrial hygienists and occupational safety specialists with TOSHA Compliance or Consultative Services section.
To schedule a TOSHA speaker, send your request in writing to the Manager of Training. Provide the following information with your request:
- The subject of the training or speech
- The date of the event
- The time of day TOSHA is to speak and the duration of the talk
- Event location with specific directions
- A profile of the audience such as job titles and description of duties
- Number of persons attending (TOSHA may require there be at least 15 -25 attendees)
- Contact information (include name, phone number, fax number, e-mail address)
Send your written request to:
Manager of Training
220 French Landing Drive
Nashville, TN 37243-0659
E-mail requests to email@example.com